Australia’s proven economic resilience and sustained growth provide an attractive, safe and low-risk environment in which to do business.Australia is a modern, developed, stable, democratic nation, with an open, competitive and diverse market that greatly encourages foreign investments, as well as trade imports and exports.
Located in the fastest growing region of the world – Asia-Pacific – Australia is well placed to take advantage of the growing opportunities in the region, with strong political, trade and economic links.
Indeed, when much of the developed world endured economic recession in recent years, Australia’s economy proved to be resilient, no least due to its connection to fast emerging markets Asia. The Australian economy is further supported by longstanding and healthy political and economic ties with Europe and the European Union, North and South America, as well as the Middle East and Africa
Australia welcomes businessmen and entrepreneurs around the world and offers great attractions.
- a business environment that is ranked 15th out of 190 economies for ease of doing business
- a robust regulatory system noted for its stable institutional frameworks and strong finance and banking regulations
- competitive rates for office space and the remuneration of professionals
- a quality of life that is rated the seventh highest in the world.
This visa is for successful business owners or investors from overseas who are willing to invest in new or existing business in Australia or make designated investment in Australian State or Territory government bonds.
The Business innovation and investment visa involve a 2-stage application process. At the first stage business migrants apply for a provisional visa and then if they meet certain criteria, they apply for a permanent visa.
- You must be less than 55 years of age (unless state and territory government waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the relevant region)
- You must also be nominated by an Australian state or territory government by submitting a detailed business proposal with your application
- You must score at least 65 points on the Innovation points test. Points are awarded in the following factors:
- English language ability
- Experience in business or investment
- Net personal and business assets
- Business turnover
- State or territory nomination – special endorsement
The 188 Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Provisional) comprises the following five streams:
This visa is for people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia. Applicants must be nominated by a state or territory government.
Significant Investor Stream
Premium Investor Stream